Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October Blog Circle. COMFORT

Welcome to the October Blog Circle with Me Ra Koh and the Confidence Teacher Team! This month's Blog Circle is around the word COMFORT. Read on to hear what I say about Comfort and then follow the link at the end to the next blog post on Comfort. Grab your coffee, it's gonna be a COMFY Ride!

COMFORT........I sat here at my desk wondering what I should write about to share where I find Comfort in my life. I thought of...
  • ... my cozy socks (I smiled)
  • ... a warm cup of coffee (I got up and got another)
  • ... a morning walk with the sun shining down from the sky (I thought about it but stayed seated)
  • ... my Stress Relief Eucalyptus Spearmint hand lotion (divine, had to put some on)
  • ... a delicious scent filling my home from my Scentsy Warmer (I took a sniff, Mmmmmm, Spiced Pumpkin Pie).  
All those things are comfort "items" to me. However, when I stepped away from my desk for a moment and walked up my staircase I was once again struck by this image displayed of my mom and dad.......I knew then where I find true comfort.


Couple Walking, Parent Love, Marriage

Here you see my parents walking hand in hand down a path that is surrounded by the beauty of God's Creation. I find comfort here for the obvious reason, they are my parents. I love them dearly and still look to them for comfort, reassurance and their unconditional love for me. The not so obvious reason why I find comfort here in this image is a blessing that the eye cannot see.....my father is still walking. Receiving the diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis (MS) in 1999 was a devastating blow to our family. How could my strong daddy that could carry me as a child have MS? What would the future hold for him? He is our rock, the core of our family how could this be? So much sadness engulfed me when we first learned of the news. Can I just say that my dad is a pillar of strength! He has never shown a moment of sadness over this disease not even during our first conversations following the diagnosis. His faith in God is what keeps him going, he knows that God will take care of him every step of the way. This picture was taken three years ago, it is now 14 years since that day the phone call came in of that dreaded MS word and God willing he is still walking. So for the not so obvious reason when I look at this image I see the COMFORT that God has given our family by carrying my father through this disease. Allowing him the ability to continue to walk, to play golf and to enjoy his retirement.  

Yes, my comfort lies in God, it is with him that I find all the Comfort I need. God also is the one that blessed me with the two most amazing parents a girl could ask for, they were the perfect fit for me. 

Are they precious or what?


Couple Photography, Marriage, Love



Couple Photography, Marriage, Love


And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.  2 Corinthians 1:7

I Love you mom and dad! xoxo, JA


Grab another cup of coffee and jump into what COMFORT means to....Cathy Mores!

9 comments:

  1. Jill Ann I love you girl! So excited to hear your story and isn't it so comforting to know that GOD has everything we ever need in control! Your parents are blessed to have you as they are to you and we are to have you.
    {big} hugs!
    Summie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Summie, love you back! So excited to be apart of such an amazing talented group! And just as excited if not more to know that Women all over are going to experience this amazing talented group and gain their own Confidence and COMFORT in their lives! Blessed. HUGS Girl!

      Delete
  2. Jill Ann -- what an awesome and inspiring tribute! Your dad's faith is so strong and it's easy to see what a rich source of comfort it is for all of you. xo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my sweet Cathy! You make me smile! xo back atcha!

      Delete
  3. Wow Jill Ann, this is just powerful and beautiful. Your dad's struggle, and your family's walk through this journey has probably taken you places you never imagined. And yet, the testimony of their marriage, how obvious their love is for one another, it's simple stunning. Thank you and thank your dad for sharing his story with us. I can totally see your smile in both of them! I love it!

    xo,
    m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Me Ra thanks! I am pretty smitten with my parents and yes I am a clone of my mama! God shines through my dad while he walks through life with MS. Unfortunately, this MS affects FAR TO MANY people and I can speak for my whole family that we have been touched by so many with this disease and each one has blessed our journey in life. xo, JA

      Delete
  4. Jill Ann - you have such an amazing heart!!! I appreciate your beautiful words and gorgeous photos! What an incredible story of strength and love. xo! - Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. To my baby Girl !
    You never cease to amaze me. This is beautiful and says so much. I love it! BUT, I LOVE YOU, THE CHILD OF MINE MORE! You are my GIFT from God!
    Keep up the great work and I wish you the best in your exciting Adventure. You can be the best you can be because God shows the way when you let Him be your Guide! Walk with Him every step of the way!
    I Love you always &....... Forever!

    Mom XXXOOXOXO :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. JA!! I love this and I LOVE YOU!! And now with your post, I love your parents! I'm inspired by their story and can't get over how adorable they are! Your love and admiration for them really shines through your words. Beautiful blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *