Monday, April 1, 2013

Me Ra Koh Confidence GRAD!

Here goes!  My first blog post.......oy vey!

One month ago I posted on Facebook that I was bursting at the seams with excitement because I was about to realize a dream come true!  That day I was off to the Womens Confidence Photography Workshop in Tacoma, WA with the truly amazing Me Ra Koh!  Attending this Workshop has been a dream of mine for several years, the connection I felt with this Photographer was something special and I wanted so badly to connect with her and learn all that she knows about this wonderful world of Photography.  I thought I would never invest to get hands on training with Me Ra and told myself that it was exactly that....just a dream.  However, God had a different plan for me.  Last Spring I had the privilege and honor of meeting Me Ra in person right here in Dallas.  The story of how that happened is truly only one God could write.  After one hug and a glimpse of her contagious smile and vibrant personality, I knew I would be booking the next Confidence Workshop!    When I left for the Workshop I had hopes to learn more about the Camera, capturing beautiful light, using the opportunity of the weekend to step back and clarify the artist God meant me to be and to awaken my creative spirit beyond the many hats I wear running a successful Photography business.  Let me just tell you, I came home with all of those things and so much more!  


Me Ra touches your heart on so many levels, her technique of teaching is beyond amazing.  Its like she hands you this new found freedom with your camera and your confidence in a neat little package by the weekend end. (with a bright smile of course)  I feel so much excitement for what the future holds for me, my business and for my amazing clients.  I have been blessed by an Angel and plan on soaring from here!  My creative spirit is alive and I am excited to "Celebrate the ones you love" in a bigger way!  

At the workshop Me Ra sets up two live sessions to practice what she teaches.  Day 1 was the baby sessions.  It was a different experience shooting with other Photographers when I am used to going it alone.  I was a bit nervous but excited at the same time to try new things.  My little subject was a 3 month old, which is a challenging stage for me.  Look at this sweet face! 



It was neat to see how we could utilize mom to capture sweet moments with baby since he was not sitting up or pushing up yet.  Here are some of those images:






Day 2 was the family sessions!  Here is where I found myself again!  I was pushed to create and feed off of the other Photographers.  I felt that old creative spirit I began my Photography journey with come alive during this session.  I love candid Photography and love capturing true moments with my clients.  I was able to let go during this session and capture the beauty I saw in this family from my perspective.  It was neat to see what each Photographer saw from their point of view.  Here is some of what I captured on Day 2:


  


Here is my favorite image from this session, I love the amount of joy and love that this image expresses between the father and his boys.  



I cannot express in words how much the weekend with Me Ra filled my soul!  I am grateful that I was blessed with the opportunity to attend this amazing experience that Me Ra and Brian offer.  I am forever changed and forever blessed by Me Ra, Brian and all of the amazing women my heart has been touched by!

I'm ready to soar!  Soar with CONFIDENCE!  

I feel like celebrating!  I have several wonderful Photographers from this Workshop that are ready to see YOUR creative spirit as moms capture your own child at play!  Stay tuned to my blog for details on a contest where YOU are the Photographer and your subject is your own little one!  

Much Love, JA




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful & inspiring. Looking forward to our next Session. Hard to imagine your work is going to be even better as we've loved all the moments you've captured for us thus far! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet my dear Marci! I have loved EVERY minute we have spent together! I cannot wait to see the busy 2 year old tots runnin' around this summer! : )

      Delete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *